Region VIII VPPPA recognizes outstanding individuals who are striving to further their education in the fields of safety, health and environmental studies and professional arenas. The Region VIII VPPPA Chapter Board of Directors initiated the Annual Spirit of Region VIII Scholarship Program to give back to the membership and further safety and health excellence for the future generation of safety and health leaders. This scholarship is open to students enrolled in a vocational-technical school, college or university.
- Applications will be accepted from students who either work at a current VPP site or are a relative of an employee of a VPP site. The VPP site must be a VPPPA Full member in good standing to qualify.
- Students must be pursuing a degree (undergraduate or graduate) in either the trades or the environmental, safety and health areas. Students can be either full-time or part-time.
- All applicants must complete the application for the scholarship program and submit an official transcript and reference letters.
- All applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a scale of 4.0.
- Other criteria used to evaluate applicants include leadership skills, extracurricular activities, professional organizations, communication skills and awards & honors earned.